Saturday 2 July 2016

Prom Get Ready With Me



Hey everyone!

Sorry I haven't posted in ages but I've been really busy with exams, and now they are over I can get back to blogging regularly.  I have even been thinking of starting a YouTube channel! Let me know in the comments if that is something you would like to see from me :)

Now lets get on with the post...

This was for my sixth form prom and I have to say it was one of the best nights I have had in a long time, a meal and dancing with my friends! But to be truthful my favourite part of it all was definitely getting ready, and in this post I will show you the products I used.


Face:
I started off by priming my face with the Too Faced Primed and Poreless, this helped my makeup stay on all night despite me being really hot from all the dancing!
For foundation I used the Laura Mercier Silk Moisturizing Photo Edition, I used this to make my base flawless as I knew there would be a lot of photos taken. For my undereye concealer I used the Urban Decay Naked Skin which covered my dark circles really well but I found it clung to dry patches on my face so I used the Benefit Boi-ing concealer for any blemishes I had.
To set my concealer I baked with the Rimmel Match Perfection loose powder and used the banana shade from the Anastasia contour kit on the high points of my face. I then carved out my cheek bones and bronzed using the same contour kit from Anastasia, I love this kit as the variety of shades enables you to mix them to get your desired shade.
To highlight the tops of my cheek bones I used The Balm's Mary Lou-Maniser, I didn't use too much as I only wanted a subtle sheen to my face.


Eyes:
Next for eyes I wanted quite a dramatic look as it was a special occasion so I experimented and this is what I used.
Lid: Mac's Paint Pot in Painterly, a 'Luna' and 'Dawn' from the Makeup Revolution Iconic Pro palette and various other light silvery shades to make the shimmer more potent.
Crease: As a transition shade a used an eyeshadow by Mac in the shade 'Malt' and also below this but not on the lid the shade 'Stage' from the same Makeup Revolution Palette.
Outer corner: I used the shade 'Undone' from the Urban Decay Naked 2 Basics and then over the top and slightly on the lid the shade 'Primal'.
Inner Corner and Browbone; To highlight I used the shade 'Need' from the Makeup Revolution Palette.
Lower lash line: I used a mixture of 'Undone' and 'Primal' from the Naked 2 Basics.
Eyeliner: I used the L'oreal Superliner to create a small wing.
Lashes: For mascara I used the Rimmel lash accelerator and for false lashes I used the Eylure ones in 'Exaggerate 141'.


Lips:
For lips I kept it simple and opted for a dark red to contrast with my dress, I used the Primark lipliner in '9' (which I have heard is a good dupe for Mac's 'Whirl'). The lipstick I used was 'Brick-O-La' by Mac which stayed on really well and wore off to a stain by the end of the night.


The dress I wore is this lovely long grey one from ASOS which unfortunately sold out soon after I purchased it. I did have to get the dress taken up slightly as it was too long (it was from ASOS Tall) this enabled it to hang nicely just above my shoes so they were still visible.


My favourite part of my outfit by far was the shoes from Office, just look at how gorgeous they are. I did have to take them off after a while as they started to hurt my feet but pride is painful as they say!


The clutch was from New Look and I wore some Elegant Touch false nails in 'Hall of Mirrors' I just adore the finish on them, I think they gave a nice finishing touch to the outfit.


This is the final look, posing with my beautiful best friend Molly. If I had the choice I would definitely go back and do it all again!

Thank you for reading, let me know in the comments below if you had a prom this year and your favourite part of it!

xo, Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment