Saturday 20 January 2018

The Ordinary - Full Coverage Foundation and Primer Review


I stumbled across these products as I was browsing on Cult Beauty, looking for a new foundation. I was so shocked at the affordable price, I had to give it a try. While I was at it, I thought I should get the primer as well to see how the two worked as a combo.

The Foundation 

When I first tried this foundation, I used a buffing brush to apply it. I have to say, that didn't work for me. I was left with streaks across my face and had to reach for my makeup sponge to fix things. When everything was blended I could see that it wasn't very full coverage, more of a medium coverage foundation. That may have been down to using a makeup sponge, but I could still see some redness on my face. The finish is slightly matte, but also slightly dewy. It looks lovely on the skin, I even got compliments whilst wearing it! But I will say it sometimes clings to my drier patches, you definitely need to use a primer or at least a moisturiser if you do suffer from dry skin.





The Primer

One thing I will say about this primer, is that it is very watery. It has a pipette applicator, however it usually just drips everywhere off of the sides so you don't actually need to squeeze any product out. That aside however, this primer will make your skin feel seriously smooth.. like seriously. It fills in my pores nicely and leaves a nice base for the foundation. Again, it is slightly drying, so make sure to moisturise beforehand. I don't usually reach for primer when doing my makeup, but since I have been using this I have noticed a real difference in the longevity of my foundation.



Overall, I love these products as a duo. They work like a dream together. Not only are they affordable, but they actually do the job. I'm not sure whether I will be going back to using my high-end foundation anytime soon.



The Ordinary also do some skincare that I think I need to try. Let me know if you have any suggestions!

No comments:

Post a Comment