Wednesday 30 May 2018

Huda Beauty Rose Gold Palette Review and Swatches




I have to admit, I wasn't an easy decision to purchase this palette. The price alone is enough to put you off. However as an avid eyeshadow lover, I decided that I needed this in my collection. The colours are just too beautiful and the textured shadows intrigued me, I had to try it out. I thought as this was such an expensive buy, I would let you know my thoughts as to whether this palette lives up to the hype.

To look at, this palette is absolutely stunning. The gorgeous rose golds hues, different shades of brown and even a deep cranberry colour. The pigmentation is also incredible, as you can see from the swatches below. The only thing that worried me was that the textured colours didn't look how I expected. They seemed to be just flecks of shadow and I instantly thought these were going to be hard to apply.

When I first used this palette, I was surprised at how blend-able the colours were, you can really notice the great quality shadows. With the textured shadows, I applied it with the fingers. I do have to say, it did get a bit messy. There was quite a lot of fallout onto my face, so I would advise you do your base after your eyes to avoid this happening. The textured shadows weren't bad, but they weren't as pigmented as I thought they would be. To really get the full effect of these shadows, you need to apply a few layers and really pack it on. But these results are S-T-U-N-N-I-N-G. I would advise you use your fingers, as even a wet brush struggles to pick up the shadow.

Overall this palette is very versatile. You could keep it simple and use the matte shades for a day to day look, or go full glam with the textured shadows. I'm not sure I can justify paying that price for it (£56.00) as I am sure there are some affordable dupes out there, but it is a very beautiful palette and I will definitely get some use out of it.






No comments:

Post a Comment