Sunday 19 March 2017

Birchbox Review - March 2017


Hey everyone,

As I am new to subscription boxes I thought I would show you what I received in my first Birchbox, hopefully it will help some of you that are on the fence about trying one. Whether or not they are worth the hype.

*WARNING - CONTAINS SPOILERS





This is an overview of what I received, 5 samples and 1 extra full size nail polish with the retail price of £19.00!! This box cost me £12.95 alone so that seems like a pretty good deal. I also feel like the testers inside are perfect if you are going travelling, they are a convenient size and great if you would like to try something new.


I absolutely love this colour! Not to mention this is only one coat. It is very easy to apply, I know that is hard to believe considering the shocking application but believe me it could be a lot worse 😂 .


I am not very keen on receiving shower gels as samples as they usually don't end up getting used. However as I am going to Greece later in the year, I figured this would be good to take with me, very aptly named and in a handy travel size.


I don't use eye make-up remover products as I prefer to remove all my make-up at once and save the hassle. However, it claims to remove long-wearing make-up and so I will be interested to give it a go.


I have been needing a new primer for ages, and I think it is safe to say this was a Godsend. That might be bit of an exaggeration but I have been wanting to try a new one. This one claims to minimise pores, which is a must for me when it comes to primers. However in comparison to the size of the tube, there doesn't seem to be much product inside.


This product intrigued me when I saw it was a dry shampoo and conditioner in one. I didn't even know such a thing existed! I tried it on my second day hair and I do have to say I could see a difference. My hair didn't feel as dry and powdery as it usually does when I use dry shampoo. That is obviously where the conditioner part comes it. Also the fragrance is absolutely gorgeous, I think it is safe to say I will be purchasing the full size.


Lastly, the star of the show, the new Benefit lipstick and lipliner all in one! I was so excited to try this as I had heard very good things, however when I put it on my lips I was surprised by the colour, it was a very bright pink. I couldn't really see the lipliner part, and I wasn't very keen on the scent. But it did stay on all day! It was a real struggle trying to get that swatch off my hand. Maybe if I had a different colour I might have a better opinion.

That is it for what I got in my Birchbox. I have to say I was a bit dubious as I had heard mixed reviews. However I was pleasantly surprised and I think I am going to carry on with the subscription for now to see what else they have in store. Let me know if you received this months Birchbox and what your favourite product was in the comments!

xo, Beth 

No comments:

Post a Comment